Christina's Place

I have decided to post my life on the Internet. I am going to college so my blog should be interesting.

Hello and Welcome to My Personal Blog.

I will try to update it everyday with stories from my Life, Pictures,

News and other stuff I find interesting.

If you email me or I am on chat please be patient I get vey busy.

I promise I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Love Christina



Example ^ Yep Thats me ^

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Frank and his bag sent packing.

PENTICTON, B.C. (CP) - Frank won't be returning to his spot in the middle of a Penticton traffic circle.

City council voted unanimously Monday night to support the Penticton art committee's recommendation to leave the naked statue down.

The work by artist Michael Hermesh titled "The Baggage Handler" was removed from the roundabout in late February after a series of attacks by vandals.

The nude, two-metre sculpture of a man carrying a suitcase - dubbed "Frank" by locals - suffered his greatest indignity in January when someone chopped off his penis.

Hermesh wanted the city to pay for repairs in Vancouver but council found the estimated cost of $20,000 was too high.

Instead, the city has given the artist $300 to send Frank and his bags packing.

Curator Curtis Collins of the South Okanagan Art Gallery says despite all the hubbub surrounding the statute and the vandalism, Frank at least got people talking about art.

The sculpture's lack of clothing had upset Penticton Mayor David Perry and several citizens who demanded it be taken down shortly after it was unveiled in early January.




Links