Christina's Place

I have decided to post my life on the Internet. I am going to college so my blog should be interesting.

Hello and Welcome to My Personal Blog.

I will try to update it everyday with stories from my Life, Pictures,

News and other stuff I find interesting.

If you email me or I am on chat please be patient I get vey busy.

I promise I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Love Christina



Example ^ Yep Thats me ^

Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine shoppers warm retailers' hearts

CBC - Newfoundland & Labrador

ST. JOHN'S — Valentine's Day means love, affection and – for retailers, at least – a boost during the slow post-Christmas season.

"We are sold out. We've been sold out now for about a week and a half now," says Jason Hickey, who manages Blue, a restaurant on Water Street in St. John's.


Many people who do not eat out often will make an exception on Valentine's Day, Hickey says.

"I guess where Valentines Day falls on a Monday this year, we're booked up Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday," he says.

On Saturday, under warm, blue skies, shoppers flocked to shops in downtown St. John's, looking for the perfect gift for a loved one.

At Coffee & Company, high-end Godiva chocolates were flying off the shelves.

"Chocolates mean love, maybe, and they're kind of sexy, you know," says the shop's Emily Bridger.

Robert Mills picked up a couple of boxes of chocolates for the women in his life.

"I got one for my wife, one for my mother – I'm all set," Mills says.

Gail French of Contemporary Florists says while the last few days have been busy, most men wait until the last minute before buying flowers.

French says Valentine's Day is crucial for staying in business.

"It just gets us over the hump of winter," she says.

"It really gives us a little boost to get us through to the spring of the year."

Links