Christina's Place

I have decided to post my life on the Internet. I am going to college so my blog should be interesting.

Hello and Welcome to My Personal Blog.

I will try to update it everyday with stories from my Life, Pictures,

News and other stuff I find interesting.

If you email me or I am on chat please be patient I get vey busy.

I promise I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Love Christina



Example ^ Yep Thats me ^

Friday, March 25, 2005

Men beware: withholding sex can be grounds for separation, alimony

ROME (AFP) - Seven years of withholding sex went too far in the eyes of an Italian court, which ordered a Sicilian man to pay alimony to his wife for refusing conjugal relations.



The man, whose name was given only as Francesco, decided to punish his wife Piera after she opposed him in a family argument -- a punishment that lasted seven years.

The highest Italian appeals court called the man's actions -- or rather, inactions -- an "offence to her dignity," and said it constituted grounds for separation.

The court also ordered him to pay alimony to his now former wife and their children, born when their marriage saw happier times, and carry the legal costs of the case.

"The refusal to have sexual and affectionate relations over seven years with his wife constitutes a very serious offence to her dignity and has caused frustration with serious consequences for her psychological equilibrium," the court judgement stated.

The behaviour is a violation of article 143 of the civil code which imposes a duty of moral and material assistance between husband and wife, the court ruled.

Links