Christina's Place

I have decided to post my life on the Internet. I am going to college so my blog should be interesting.

Hello and Welcome to My Personal Blog.

I will try to update it everyday with stories from my Life, Pictures,

News and other stuff I find interesting.

If you email me or I am on chat please be patient I get vey busy.

I promise I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Love Christina



Example ^ Yep Thats me ^

Friday, February 11, 2005

How Do You Mend a Broken Heart?

How Do You Mend a Broken Heart?

By Staff
Feb 10, 2005, 20:21


Researchers may have found scientific evidence supporting a real broken heart, according to a report published in The New England Journal of Medicine.

The report, by researchers at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore suggests an emotionally stressful situation, such as the sudden death of a loved one, can trigger an event that mimics a massive heart attack, without the damage.

The team examined 19 patients who classic signs of a heart attack after experiencing a stressful situation, however, unlike a real heart attack, the patients recovered within two weeks. Scans showed no long-term heart damage.

The researchers described the phenomenon as "Broken Heart Syndrome."

Although damage to the heart caused by broken heart syndrome is reversible, it can be deadly.

Links